Skip to main content

National Juried Show at Quilt Canada 2018

 At the end of February, while in Tasmania (I know ... my life is amazing), I got notice from the Canadian Quilters' Association that three of my quilts entered in the National Juried Show at Quilt Canada, had been juried into the show.
I am humbled beyond words.




Here they are ...

CHANGE 
Art - Abstract category

Change is like a constantly churning cog.  If I accept changes, it turns faster and faster, until it envelops me.  As it continues to speed up, it hurls me through open doors that lead into the unknown, and the grandness of my life continues to grow.




AUGUST 15 - A TALE OF TWENTY YEARS
Quilts From Patterns/Books/Workshops category

(Skils for creating this design were developed in a class with Jacquie Gering)


On August 15, 1997, I began living a new life as a gay man.  On August 15, 2017, during a design class, there was a realization of anniversary, and I created this block using rust dyed fabric.  This quilt is an acknowledgement of the glorious changes over those twenty years.




I WISH I HAD A RIVER
Modern category


Telling a story with simplicity and clarity has been a goal of mine.  Inspired by the simplicity of Georgia Okeeffe's 'Winter Road', and the clarity of Joni Mitchell's 'River', this is my attempt.  I have had a river.  And I have skated away.  That is the story.

Comments